Get a Dropbox free account
About This Event
Access files anywhere
With Dropbox Basic, it’s easy to get to your files from multiple devices—computers, phones, and tablets—for free:
- Windows and Mac: Install our desktop app, and everything in your account will appear in the Dropbox folder on your computer.
- Web: Sign in to dropbox.com to access everything you’ve stored on Dropbox from any browser—no software installation required.
- iOS and Android: Take your files on the go with our mobile app, and preview over 175 file types from anywhere.
Back up files
From photos and videos to presentations and tax paperwork, Dropbox Basic helps you keep all your most important—and irreplaceable—files safe:
- File sync: Back up anything by storing it in the Dropbox folder on your computer. And with our desktop and mobile apps, you can automatically upload photos and videos to Dropbox from your phone, camera, or SD card.
- File recovery: Accidentally deleted a file from your Dropbox? No problem. You can easily restore anything you’ve deleted in the past 30 days from dropbox.com.
- Version history: If you ever change your mind, you can roll a file back to any version saved to Dropbox in the past 30 days.
Free file backup
Copying files over to a USB stick and “file too big to attach” errors are a thing of the past. Dropbox Basic makes it easy to securely send large files to anyone, and collaborate easily on the files you share.
- Shared links: Easily create a link for any file in your Dropbox that you can paste into an email, chat, or text. Recipients won’t need a Dropbox account—they can click the link to view and download the file.
- File previews: Anyone visiting your shared links can preview over 175 file types and add comments—no special software required.
- Seamless collaboration: It’s hard to keep track of important attachments in a crowded inbox. Dropbox makes it easy to connect and collaborate, whether you’re sharing files with a friend or working with a large team.